The Waupaca Historical Society maintains and operates four historic structures within the City of Waupaca. They are the Holly History and Geneology Center, the Hutchinson House Museum and the King Cottage in South Park, and the historic Waupaca Depot.
Thank you for donating to the Waupaca Historical Society and helping us preserve Waupaca and Chain O'Lakes history!
What's Happening at the Waupaca Historical Society!
(all programs are at the Holly History and Genealogy Center unless otherwise noted)
- Sun. February 5, 3-5 p.m.: Hike Under the "Snow" Full Moon--stop at the Depot after your hike to warm up with a hot drink and tour the Depot (525 Oak Street).
- Sat., February 11: Lost Arts Folk School--Broom-making class (at the Depot)
- Thurs., February 23, 6 p.m.: "Building a Legacy: The History of Waupaca Foundry" with Sara Timm, Waupaca Foundry
- Thurs., March 16: Lost Arts Folk School--Garden Basket
- Thurs., March 30, 6 p.m.: "A Creative Place: The History of Wisconsin Art" with Annemarie Sawkins
WHS COVID POLICY
Masks are not required in our buildings at this time. We encourage visitors to wear masks if they feel more comfortable. We also encourage all visitors to remain at home if exposed to COVID-19 or feeling unwell.
Appointments outside of open hours at any WHS buildings can be made at least two weeks in advance by calling the Holly History and Genealogy Center at (715) 256-9980 or emailing
Tracy Behrendt at