- Collections: Assist with cataloguing of artifacts, including writing descriptions, researching donations and data entry.
- Research: Assist with research on a variety of topics on the city of Waupaca, its surrounding townships and the Chain O’Lakes.
- Exhibits: Assist with the planning and implementation of exhibits at the Holly Center; may include lifting and cleaning, research and writing.
- Tour Guide: Give tours of the historic Hutchinson House and relate information about the Hutchinson Family and the Victorian Era. Orientation and training provided for new volunteers, along with flexible weekend schedule.
- Tour Guide: Give tours of the historic Waupaca Railroad Depot and its grounds. Orientation and training provided for new volunteers, along with flexible weekend schedule.
- Maintenance/Projects: Assist with a variety of projects and tasks around the Depot; must have experience working with tools.
Upcoming Programs at the Waupaca Historical Society!
- Thurs., October 21, 6 p.m.:
"150 Years of the Railroad in Waupaca" with Mike Kirk at the Depot
- Fri., October 29, 4-6 p.m.:
Brat fry at Halloween on Main (find us in front of the library/City Hall on South Main Street!). Children can trick-or-treat at local businesses downtown and enjoy Halloween activities!
- Thurs., November 11, 6 p.m.:
"The Legend of Chief Waupaca" with Ray Reser at Danes Hall (301 N. Main Street)
- Sat., Dec. 4: Yuletide Trail
Help us preserve your story!
We are collecting memories and stories from the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020-2021. These collections will be preserved at the Holly History and Genealogy Center to help future generations understand this time in Waupaca, our state, and our country. Please consider filling out our survey here!
Surveys can be emailed to email@example.com
or mailed to WHS, 321 S. Main Street, Waupaca, WI 54981.
2021 Summer Hours (UPDATE!)
Starting June 10, the Holly Center will be open to the public on
Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Fridays from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
WHS COVID POLICY
Following CDC guidelines, masks are appreciated in all of our buildings. We encourage all visitors to maintain a 6-foot distance from others and remain at home if exposed to COVID-19 or feeling unwell.
Appointments outside of open hours at any WHS buildings can be made by calling the Holly History and Genealogy Center at (715) 256-9980 or emailing
Tracy Behrendt at