- Collections: Assist with cataloguing of artifacts, including writing descriptions, researching donations and data entry.
- Research: Assist with research on a variety of topics on the city of Waupaca, its surrounding townships and the Chain O’Lakes.
- Exhibits: Assist with the planning and implementation of exhibits at the Holly Center; may include lifting and cleaning, research and writing.
- Tour Guide: Give tours of the historic Hutchinson House and relate information about the Hutchinson Family and the Victorian Era. Orientation and training provided for new volunteers, along with flexible weekend schedule.
- Tour Guide: Give tours of the historic Waupaca Railroad Depot and its grounds. Orientation and training provided for new volunteers, along with flexible weekend schedule.
- Maintenance/Projects: Assist with a variety of projects and tasks around the Depot; must have experience working with tools.
Thank you for donating to the Waupaca Historical Society and helping us preserve Waupaca and Chain O'Lakes history!
Come visit us at the Holly Center at 321 S. Main Street during our open hours on
Wednesday through Friday,
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.!
What's Happening at the Waupaca Historical Society!
(all programs are at the Holly History and Genealogy Center unless otherwise noted)
- Thurs., October 19, 6 p.m.: Program at the Holly Center--Waupaca 101: The History of Our City with Tracy Behrendt
- Friday, October 27, 4-7 p.m.: Brat Fry at Halloween on Main (downtown Waupaca)
- Saturday, October 28, 2-4 p.m.: Cemetery History Walk at Lakeside Cemetery
- Thurs., November 9, 6 p.m.: Program at the Holly Center--Ojibwe Culture and History with Liz Arbuckle
- Sat., December 2, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: 5th Annual Yuletide Trail and Cookie Walk (downtown Waupaca)
WHS COVID POLICY
Masks are not required in our buildings at this time. We encourage visitors to wear masks if they feel more comfortable. We also encourage all visitors to remain at home if exposed to COVID-19 or feeling unwell.
Appointments outside of open hours at any WHS buildings can be made at least two weeks in advance by calling the Holly History and Genealogy Center at (715) 256-9980 or emailing
Tracy Behrendt at