The Waupaca Historical Society, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, was formed in 1953 to preserve the history of the Waupaca and Chain O'Lakes area. The Waupaca Historical Society owns and operates four buildings: the Holly History and Genealogy Center located in the former library at 321 S. Main St.; the Hutchinson House Museum and the King Cottage, both located in South Park; and the Waupaca Railroad Depot at 525 Oak Street.
New members and volunteers are always welcome! Contact Tracy Behrendt, Director, at (715) 256-9980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the Waupaca Historical Society is to preserve, advance and disseminate knowledge of the history of the Waupaca area.
WHS Board of Directors:
Ashlie Buck, President
Mike Kirk, Vice President
Betty Stewart, Secretary
Lori Chesnut (City Council Representative)
Staff: Tracy Behrendt, Director
Thank you for donating to the Waupaca Historical Society and helping us preserve Waupaca and Chain O'Lakes history!
What's Happening at the Waupaca Historical Society!
(all programs are at the Holly History and Genealogy Center unless otherwise noted)
- Sun. February 5, 3-5 p.m.: Hike Under the "Snow" Full Moon--stop at the Depot after your hike to warm up with a hot drink and tour the Depot (525 Oak Street).
- Sat., February 11: Lost Arts Folk School--Broom-making class (at the Depot)
- Thurs., February 23, 6 p.m.: "Building a Legacy: The History of Waupaca Foundry" with Sara Timm, Waupaca Foundry
- Thurs., March 16: Lost Arts Folk School--Garden Basket
- Thurs., March 30, 6 p.m.: "A Creative Place: The History of Wisconsin Art" with Annemarie Sawkins
WHS COVID POLICY
Masks are not required in our buildings at this time. We encourage visitors to wear masks if they feel more comfortable. We also encourage all visitors to remain at home if exposed to COVID-19 or feeling unwell.
Appointments outside of open hours at any WHS buildings can be made at least two weeks in advance by calling the Holly History and Genealogy Center at (715) 256-9980 or emailing
Tracy Behrendt at