The Waupaca Historical society is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and is dependent upon donations and community support. Donations to our society are greatly appreciated. Your donations help us maintain our historic buildings and help us to fulfill our mission to preserve the history of the Waupaca area. Checks can be made payable to the Waupaca Historical Society and sent to:
Waupaca Historical Society
321 S. Main St.
Waupaca, WI 54981
The Waupaca Historical Society is thankful for in-kind donations of new or gently used items. The following items are on our Wish List at the Holly History and Genealogy Center:
Slate chalkboards for children ($30)
iPad for historic photos ($200)
iPad stand ($100)
Steel shelving with powder finish for storage ($140)
If you are interested in donating artifacts, photographs, documents or other objects related to the Waupaca area to the Waupaca Historical Society, please contact Tracy Behrendt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (715) 256-9980.
Thank you for donating to the Waupaca Historical Society and helping us preserve Waupaca and Chain O'Lakes history!
Upcoming Programs at the Waupaca Historical Society!
(all programs at the Holly History and Genealogy Center unless otherwise noted)
- Thurs., May 19, 6 p.m.: "The Making of Pioneer Wisconsin: Voices of Early Settlers" with author Michael Stevens
Sponsored by Rex and Linda Pope, Paula Botan (in memory of the Barnhart and Buck families), Judy Trudeau and Beiser Realty.
- Fri., May 20, 10 a.m.-2 p.m..: Brat fry at Fleet Farm, Waupaca
- Sat., May 21, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Fence Painting Volunteer Day at the Hutchinson House
- Thurs., June 16, 6 p.m.: "Whispering Pines Park: Memories of How It Was (1929-1974)"
Sponsored by Friends of Hartman Creek State Park and Beiser Realty.
- Sat., June 18, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. p.m.: Look for us at Strawberry Fest in the Trinity Lutheran Church parking lot!
- Sat., June 25, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. p.m.: Lost Arts at the Hutchinson House Museum
Arts and crafts demonstrators, live music, food, tours of the Hutchinson House and more!
- Mon., July 4, 9 a.m.-noon: Refreshment stand outside the Holly Center
Grab a cool drink, a snack and enjoy the parade!
WHS COVID POLICY
Masks are not required in our buildings at this time. We encourage visitors to wear masks if they feel more comfortable. We also encourage all visitors to maintain a 6-foot distance from others and remain at home if exposed to COVID-19 or feeling unwell.
Appointments outside of open hours at any WHS buildings can be made by calling the Holly History and Genealogy Center at (715) 256-9980 or emailing
Tracy Behrendt at