The Waupaca Historical society is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and is dependent upon donations and community support. Donations to our society are greatly appreciated. Your donations help us maintain our historic buildings and help us to fulfill our mission to preserve the history of the Waupaca area. Checks can be made payable to the Waupaca Historical Society and sent to:
Waupaca Historical Society
321 S. Main St.
Waupaca, WI 54981
The Waupaca Historical Society is thankful for in-kind donations of new or gently used items. The following items are on our Wish List at the Holly History and Genealogy Center:
Slate chalkboards for children ($30)
iPad for historic photos ($200)
iPad stand ($100)
Steel shelving with powder finish for storage ($140)
If you are interested in donating artifacts, photographs, documents or other objects related to the Waupaca area to the Waupaca Historical Society, please contact Tracy Behrendt at email@example.com or (715) 256-9980.
Thank you for donating to the Waupaca Historical Society and helping us preserve Waupaca and Chain O'Lakes history!
Upcoming Programs at the Waupaca Historical Society!
(all programs at the Holly History and Genealogy Center unless otherwise noted)
- Sat., September 17, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Hutchinson House Museum Open in South Park during Fall-O-Rama
- Thurs., October 13, 5:30 p.m.: "Waupaca's Granite Quarry" with Mike Kirk; enjoy a walk around the quarry (Shambeau Park) at 5:30 (meet at the Depot) and then return for a program on the Granite Quarry's history!
Sponsored by Greg and Betsy Russell, Tom Shambeau (in memory of Dave and Emilene Shambeau), Waupaca Foundry and Beiser Realty.
- Fri., October 28, 4-6 p.m.: Brat fry for Halloween on Main in downtown Waupaca
- Thurs., November 10, 6 p.m.: "How to Be An Indian in the 21st Century" with Louis Clark
Sponsored by Trudi Hahn Pickett (in memory of Mr. Jesse Owen, Dakota elder) and Beiser Realty.
- Sat., December 3, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.: Waupaca's Yuletide Trail
Purchase your cookie tin and participate in the cookie walk! Tins are $20 and support the Waupaca Historical Society.
Sponsored by Community First Credit Union.
WHS COVID POLICY
Masks are not required in our buildings at this time. We encourage visitors to wear masks if they feel more comfortable. We also encourage all visitors to maintain a 6-foot distance from others and remain at home if exposed to COVID-19 or feeling unwell.
Appointments outside of open hours at any WHS buildings can be made at least two weeks in advance by calling the Holly History and Genealogy Center at (715) 256-9980 or emailing
Tracy Behrendt at