Historic Venues in Waupaca
The city of Waupaca and the Chain O'Lakes area have a rich history, dating back to 1849. Many historic buildings, homes and locations still exist throughout the area, some of which are available for visiting or renting.
If you are looking for a historic venue in the Waupaca area, please consider the Waupaca Historical Society or another beautiful local historic sites.
Please see the brochure below for information or contact the Waupaca Historical Society today!
Special thank you to Jane Haasch for all of her work to put this brochure together!
Thank you for donating to the Waupaca Historical Society and helping us preserve Waupaca and Chain O'Lakes history!
Come visit us at the Holly Center at 321 S. Main Street during our open hours on
Wednesday through Friday,
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.!
What's Happening at the Waupaca Historical Society!
(all programs are at the Holly History and Genealogy Center unless otherwise noted)
- Thurs., October 19, 6 p.m.: Program at the Holly Center--Waupaca 101: The History of Our City with Tracy Behrendt
- Friday, October 27, 4-7 p.m.: Brat Fry at Halloween on Main (downtown Waupaca)
- Saturday, October 28, 2-4 p.m.: Cemetery History Walk at Lakeside Cemetery
- Thurs., November 9, 6 p.m.: Program at the Holly Center--Ojibwe Culture and History with Liz Arbuckle
- Sat., December 2, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: 5th Annual Yuletide Trail and Cookie Walk (downtown Waupaca)
WHS COVID POLICY
Masks are not required in our buildings at this time. We encourage visitors to wear masks if they feel more comfortable. We also encourage all visitors to remain at home if exposed to COVID-19 or feeling unwell.
Appointments outside of open hours at any WHS buildings can be made at least two weeks in advance by calling the Holly History and Genealogy Center at (715) 256-9980 or emailing
Tracy Behrendt at