The Waupaca Historical Society rents out the lower-level Cynthia Holly Meeting Room at the Holly Center, the historic Railroad Depot and the King Cottage in South Park for meetings, parties, gatherings and weddings. Local business and organizations are encouraged to utilize our facilities for meetings, parties and gatherings.
If you are interested in renting out either space, please call the Waupaca Historical Society at (715) 256-9980 or email at email@example.com. You can also email or mail our rental application below to:
Waupaca Historical Society
321 S. Main Street
Waupaca, WI 54981
Thank you for donating to the Waupaca Historical Society and helping us preserve Waupaca and Chain O'Lakes history!
Upcoming Programs at the Waupaca Historical Society!
(all programs at the Holly History and Genealogy Center unless otherwise noted)
- Sat., September 17, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Hutchinson House Museum Open in South Park during Fall-O-Rama
- Thurs., October 13, 5:30 p.m.: "Waupaca's Granite Quarry" with Mike Kirk; enjoy a walk around the quarry (Shambeau Park) at 5:30 (meet at the Depot) and then return for a program on the Granite Quarry's history!
Sponsored by Greg and Betsy Russell, Tom Shambeau (in memory of Dave and Emilene Shambeau), Waupaca Foundry and Beiser Realty.
- Fri., October 28, 4-6 p.m.: Brat fry for Halloween on Main in downtown Waupaca
- Thurs., November 10, 6 p.m.: "How to Be An Indian in the 21st Century" with Louis Clark
Sponsored by Trudi Hahn Pickett (in memory of Mr. Jesse Owen, Dakota elder) and Beiser Realty.
- Sat., December 3, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.: Waupaca's Yuletide Trail
Purchase your cookie tin and participate in the cookie walk! Tins are $20 and support the Waupaca Historical Society.
Sponsored by Community First Credit Union.
WHS COVID POLICY
Masks are not required in our buildings at this time. We encourage visitors to wear masks if they feel more comfortable. We also encourage all visitors to maintain a 6-foot distance from others and remain at home if exposed to COVID-19 or feeling unwell.
Appointments outside of open hours at any WHS buildings can be made at least two weeks in advance by calling the Holly History and Genealogy Center at (715) 256-9980 or emailing
Tracy Behrendt at