Waupaca Historical Society's Capital Campaign
Honoring the Past, Embracing the Future
The Waupaca Historical Society has been a part of our community for nearly 70 years—collecting, preserving, and sharing the stories and artifacts that describe who we are, where we came from, and what our future holds. Every resident is part of this story and, with your help, can help tell and preserve this story.
Since 1953, the Waupaca Historical Society has grown to include the care and preservation of four sites and four buildings in the City of Waupaca and more than 10,000 artifacts. WHS has evolved into a historical and educational resource for our residents, visitors and schools, and an active partner in our community.
This year, the Waupaca Historical Society embarks on its first Capital Campaign. Our fundraising goal of $400,000 will help us preserve and enhance our four buildings—the Holly History and Genealogy Center on South Main Street, the Hutchinson House Museum and King Cottage in South Park, and the Railroad Depot on Oak Street. Your support would help us:
· Improve accessibility at the Holly Center through audio/technology upgrades
· Add collections storage and renovate kitchen facilities at the Holly Center
· Continue to digitize our collections to provide greater access
· Install a new HVAC system at the Hutchinson House Museum
· Add additional storage at the Depot and our new property on Balch Street
We invite you to join us as we preserve our community’s rich past by building for the future. Your support—no matter what the amount—will help WHS grow in the ways we preserve our stories, educate the public in person and online, and reach and service our community.
Thank you for helping us honoring our community’s past by embracing the future!
Depot with baggage cart
Model train display at the Depot
Soo Line potato car and caboose at Depot
Lower-level collections storage at Holly Center
Holly History and Genealogy Center
Meeting room in lower level of Holly Center
Research area at Holly Center
Exhibits at Holly Center
Winter at the Hutchinson House Museum
Potato planting event at Hutchinson House Museum in 2021
Front porch of Hutchinson House Museum
Dining room at Hutchinson House Museum
School tour at Hutchinson House Museum in 2019
King Cottage in South Park
Thank you for donating to the Waupaca Historical Society and helping us preserve Waupaca and Chain O'Lakes history!
Upcoming Programs at the Waupaca Historical Society!
(all programs at the Holly History and Genealogy Center unless otherwise noted)y
- Thurs., August 18, 6 p.m.: "Wisconsin's Post Office Murals" with David W. Gates, Jr.Sponsored by Michelle Peterson (in memory of David Dresia), Janet Buetow (in memory of Karl Buetow), Waupaca Foundry, Beiser Realty, F. Thomas and Hope K. Olson, and Pat Hollenbeck (in memory of Warren Hollenbeck)
- Friday, August 19, 5-10 p.m., Arts on the Square Street Dance:
Visit us downtown at our brat fry during the street dance! Enjoy a brat, hamburger or hot dog and support the Waupaca Historical Society!
- Thurs., September 15, 6 p.m.: "Our 351 Sons: The Founding of Rawhide" with John GillespieSponsored by Deb and Steve Fenske (in memory of Jim Boyer) and Beiser Realty.
WHS COVID POLICY
Masks are not required in our buildings at this time. We encourage visitors to wear masks if they feel more comfortable. We also encourage all visitors to maintain a 6-foot distance from others and remain at home if exposed to COVID-19 or feeling unwell.
Appointments outside of open hours at any WHS buildings can be made at least two weeks in advance by calling the Holly History and Genealogy Center at (715) 256-9980 or emailing
Tracy Behrendt at